Unionized workers at GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology Co. Ltd. and Daewoo Incheon Motor Co., both of South Korea, are voting on a tentative contract calling for a 14.8% pay raise. Results of the vote by the 8,300-strong union reportedly will be announced Sept. 4. If approved, the increase would add 145,022 won ($123.17) to each worker’s basic monthly wage. Just last month Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. workers in South Korea agreed to an 8.6% pay increase. (See related story: Hyundai ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.