A South Korean court sentences a former government official to six years in prison for receiving bribes related to Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. Six other officials also are found guilty of bribery but given lesser jail terms. Park Sang-bae, former head of the state-operated Korea Development Bank, receives a 6-year jail sentence for accepting bribes of 1.5 million won ($154,000) to assist in writing down debts of two companies acquired by Hyundai Automotive Group. Prosecutors are seeking a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.