CANTON, MS – It began like a pep rally, with canned music building to a crescendo as the big moment arrived: the roll-off of Nissan North America’s all-new commercial van, the NV. The event in Canton, 23 miles (37 km) north of Jackson, the state capital, marked Nissan’s $118 million investment in the 8-year-old plant, raising the Japanese auto maker’s investment to $2.1 billion in Mississippi and more than $5 billion throughout the South, including vehicle and engine plants in Central ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.