MADRID — Facing slack demand in Western Europe, automakers are cutting production in Spain, despite that country's booming market. Overall, the region's sales were down 2.2% during the first two months of the year. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. slowed assembly at its Zona Franca plant by extending a recent holiday for several days. The automaker also has an agreement with local unions and the government to stop production for 22 days, if needed, during the first half of the year. Renault SA's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.