MADRID – The sales slowdown in Western Europe is taking a severe toll on manufacturing in Spain. New-vehicle demand here plunged 41.0% in August, and forecasts are the market will wind up 2008 25% below year-earlier levels. And Spain isn’t alone among the top five markets when it comes to slumping sales. Double-digit declines also were posted in August in Italy (26.0%), the U.K. (18.6%) and Germany (10.4%), while France finished the month down 7.1%. The U.K. figure may be the most ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.