DETROIT – BMW AG has big plans for its sole U.S. plant in Spartanburg, SC. The facility will move from a 2-line operation to a single line in early 2006, paving the way for production of another model in addition to the X5 SUV and Z4 roadster already built there. BMW X3 SUV There has been speculation that the German auto maker would build its 3-Series or 5-Series at the plant, but BMW Chief Financial Officer Stefan Krause dismisses those assumptions. He tells Ward’s BMW recently has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.