Ford Motor Co. is resolute in its plan to close its F-Series assembly operations in Oakville, Ont., Canada, warns Nick Scheele, president and chief operating officer. Nick Scheele Despite the Canadian Auto Workers union’s pledge that it will not leave the bargaining table without a plan to save Ontario Truck, the auto maker cannot budge, Scheele tells analysts at Credit Suisse First Boston in New York. The closure is a key element of the company’s revitalization’s plan. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.