LOUISVILLE, KY – The road to manufacturing excellence is complicated and full of seeming contradictions. For instance, the best way to develop more unique and customized vehicles may be through more standardization and commonized parts. Say what? At the Global Automotive Conference here, a panel of industry executives do their best to explain such apparent conflicts, suggesting attendees study an ancient Chinese game called “Go,” and even resorting to new words such as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.