WEVTU has obtained an Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) report dated Sept. 24, 1999, that its I/M-240 emissions test contractor, Envirotest, was fined $843,240 for 35,173 violations during the first six months of 1999 in the Chicago area and part of Illinois close to St. Louis. The Envirotest-run I/M-240 program in Illinois is the largest of its kind in the U.S. The contractor has had many years of experience with I/M-240 testing, some of which has been discontinued or is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.