TRAVERSE CITY, MI – It’s been five years since the American Iron and Steel Institute first showed off its innovative Ultra Light Steel Auto Body (ULSAB) here at the University of Michigan Management Briefing Seminars, and the effort is accomplishing everything the steel industry hoped it would, industry insiders say. While it hasn’t been the sole driver of a new industry push into lighter-weight, high-strength steels, the development efforts have helped create an avalanche of new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.