NEW DELHI – General Motors India Ltd. has drawn up a blue print for driving into the fast lane here by leveraging some of General Motors Corp.’s strategic alliance partners. They include Fiat Auto SpA, Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (Subaru), Isuzu Motors Ltd., Suzuki Motor Corp. (which holds a controlling stake in India’s Maruti Udyog Ltd.) and a pending deal to take over selected assets of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. But does GM India have the ability to compete efficiently and effectively? ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.