Steyr-Daimler-Puch Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. (SFT) is hoping to secure a contract to build DaimlerChrysler AG's PT Cruiser at its plant in Steyr, reports out of Austria say. Steyr currently is practicing disassembling and reassembling three PT Cruisers at its plant in Graz. Steyr reportedly could build right-hand-drive and diesel versions of the vehicle starting in 2001 for several markets. DC may announce its Austrian plans later this month. The company already has said it is looking ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.