DEARBORN – As demands on suppliers increase, so must the lengths of their contracts, says the founder of Heartland Industrial Partners L.P. “The supplier base is rapidly absorbing former OEM fixed costs and becoming much more asset-intensive,” says David A. Stockman, a former Reagan Admin. Cabinet member. While suppliers are being asked to take more responsibility for design and engineering, their costs are rising accordingly, Stockman warns. “We’re willing to take on the burden, but we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.