My son David comes to visit me in the country with his two sons in his Jeep Cherokee. Son Doug comes up with his one son in a minivan. The stuff they carry is beyond imagination. They are up for a day or two but they land like the 101st Airborne on a long campaign. That’s why they like big vehicles. My neighbors have boats or horses. They want to tow 5,000 lbs. (2,268 kg) That’s why they have V-8 body-on-frame SUVs. And who goes into drifting snow or a rainstorm that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.