MUMBAI – No one can deny that China’s auto industry is booming. But global auto makers and suppliers ignore at their peril what could be the next big thing. And that is India. Twelve auto makers sold more than 1 million passenger vehicles in India last year, marking a 32% upswing after years of stagnation. The rise in domestic sales came on top of a 15% compound average growth rate over the decade. New rollouts, accurate product and price positioning, imaginative marketing and, above ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.