U.S. light-vehicle sales in December strolled to their 16th consecutive increase from the same year-ago month, as the industry ended the century by notching a new all-time calendar year high in 1999. Light vehicle sales totaled 1.393 million units in December for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 53,561, 4.3% above like-1998's 51,370 (26 selling days both periods). December's seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) was 17.35 million, compared to the prior month's 17.09 million and year-ago's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.