General Motors Corp. continued to ramp up production even as most of the rest of the industry pulled back a little in May, based on production through the first three weeks of the month and projections by Ward’s. North American output will come in close to schedule – 1.612 million units vs. the 1.607 million slated for the period at the beginning of May – mostly due to an anticipated overbuild of 20,000 units by GM. GM’s extra production includes 11,700 cars and 8,300 trucks. (view ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.