A recent study of Wisconsin I/M program Mass Emissions Repair Effectiveness, conducted by Gateway Technical College (auto technician training) Racine, WI, tends to raise more questions than provide answers to questions about I/M emissions-test repair value. The study focused exclusively on two 5L General Motors Corp. engines fitted in a group of 1980s vehicles, of which “many … are failing the initial Wisconsin I/M 240 test, failing the retest, and qualifying for emissions waivers due to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.