A study by the Center for Automotive Research of Ann Arbor, MI, shows Toyota Motor Corp. employs 103,195 workers directly at its U.S. manufacturing and dealer-related operations. Adding that figure to 113,650 intermediate positions, such as those at Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers, and 169,455 spin-off jobs (restaurant, retail, etc.), Toyota is responsible for creating 386,300 private sector jobs nationally, says CAR. CAR found the 386,300 private sector positions generate $14.4 billion in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.