Suppliers aren't ready for e-commerce, according to results of a recent survey. Business to business communication is forecast to increase tenfold in two years, yet most suppliers are content to wait for OEM orders, rather than chart their own e-commerce strategy, says Gary Baker of Arthur Andersen which did the supplier e-business assessment. In addition, suppliers are not developing an aggressive payback period to reap the benefits of the OEM-dictated investment, Mr. Baker says. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.