BIRMINGHAM, AL – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (Subaru) hopes to sell 4,900 Bajas in the U.S. this year after the sport wagon/pickup hits the market in September, a company executive reveals here during road tests of the ’03 Forester. Unveiled at the Detroit auto show in January, Baja is a wagon with an open cargo bed. Fred Adcock, executive vice president-Subaru of America Inc., forecasts full-year Baja sales will total 24,000 units beginning in 2003. Adcock predicts Subaru’s overall U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.