TOKYO -- Subaru of America Inc. expects the addition of a new 7-passenger multi-purpose vehicle -- a joint project with alliance partner General Motors Corp. -- will help it reach its targeted annual volume of 250,000 units by 2005. The 4-wheel-drive platform that Subaru parent Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. is working on for GM “is something that never existed within GM before,” says Takeshi Tanaki, Fuji chairman and CEO. As a result of the 20-month-old alliance with Fuji, in which GM has a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.