Subaru of America Inc., Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors America were the only auto makers to post full-year sales gains in the U.S. light-vehicle market in 2009, showing the continued strength of Asian manufacturers. Subaru says it delivered a record 216,652 units in the U.S. last year, up 15% over like-2008’s 187,699. The company’s previous high-water mark was 200,703 set in 2006. Subaru’s year-over-year gain was the largest of any U.S.-market auto maker in 2009, thanks to strong ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.