Subaru of America Inc. is recalling 376,000 vehicles to prevent coolant leaks from around engine cylinder head gaskets. Affected models include the ’00-’02 Legacy and Outback and the ’99-’02 Impreza and Forester, all with 2.5L engines. Subaru says normal expansion and contraction of engine components is to blame for the problem, which it says will be remedied by adding a Subaru cooling system conditioner to the vehicle’s cooling system.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.