BUDAPEST – Here in Southcentral Europe, goulash is Hungarian comfort food, a rich, hearty tomato-based beef stew spiced with ground paprika. Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. is serving up a tasty dish of its own, a third-generation 2.0L 4-cyl. gasoline boxer engine intended to power vehicles in the lower register of the Subaru brand. The horizontally opposed architecture has been part and parcel of Subaru engines since its 1000 sedan arrived in 1966. Over the following 23 years, the Japanese ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.