SANTA MONICA, CA – Expect Mazda Motor Corp. to replace its Protege model in third-quarter 2003. Six months after the much-anticipated rollout of the ’04 Mazda RX-8 sports coupe – projected during second-quarter 2003 –the auto maker "will introduce another all-new, yet-to-be named vehicle," says Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). Sources confirm the new vehicle is the "successor" to Protege, Protege5 and Mazdaspeed Protege. Revamped in 1998, the Protege – Mazda’s ’02 sales and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.