Ford Motor Co. is considering a plan to move F-150 Flareside production out of Missouri and into Oakville, Ont., to make room for the Lincoln Blackwood sport/utility-pickup, currently scheduled to go into production late in fourth quarter 2000. Oakville is the only other plant in the Ford system that builds a flareside version of the F-150. Ford is worried that Kansas City Assembly in Claycomo, MO, will have serious capacity issues should sales of the '01 F-150 SuperCrew, Ford's new full ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.