Valeo SA signs a contract to supply PSA Peugeot Citroen with its StARS start-stop, micro-hybrid technology for use on more than 1 million PSA vehicles by 2011. StARS shuts off a vehicle’s engine at a stop and restarts it when the throttle is depressed, resulting in fuel savings and emissions reductions of up to 15% in urban cycles, the supplier says. Korea’s Iljin Bearing Co. Ltd. opens a second plant in Tianjin, China, that will supply wheel bearings to Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.