Ener1 Inc. and battery-maker Wanxiang Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd. sign a joint-venture agreement to co-manufacture lithium-ion cells and battery packs for the Chinese market. The new company, Zhejiang Wanxiang Ener1 Power System Co. Ltd., will use Wanxiang’s existing 553,000-sq.-ft. (51, 376-sq.-m) facility in Hangzhou to produce battery systems for the Chinese suppliers’ existing light- and heavy-duty automotive and power-grid customers, for delivery this year. The JV is expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.