Johnson Controls Inc. will spend $220 million to renovate its plant in Holland, MI, to produce lithium-ion battery cells after winning $148.5 million in state-tax incentives. Batteries manufactured likely will be used to power a Ford Motor Co. plug-in vehicle slated to hit showrooms next year. The new BMW 760i will feature ZF Friedrichshafen AG’s new 8-speed automatic transmission, new cross-linked chassis and steering system. ZF says the new transmission shifts in milliseconds, improving ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.