Continental AG rejects a takeover bid worth €11.2 billion ($17.9 billion) from smaller rival Schaeffler KG, saying the amount does not reflect the company’s full value. Continental says it is willing to support family-held Schaeffler taking up to 20% of the company, but Schaeffler insists on a controlling stake. Continental CEO Manfred Wennemer reportedly is mounting a defense against Schaeffler and has warned the takeover could ultimately dismantle Continental. But a Schaeffler spokesman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.