Ricardo Inc. is selected by Moscow-based KATE LLC to partner in the development of a new 7-speed automatic transmission for use in a Lada B/C-segment car in 2012. KATE already has built and tested concept demonstrator units and is preparing a new manufacturing facility in Kaliningrad to support volume production. The FT702 transmission will be an ultra-compact, low-manufacturing-cost unit, offering a large ratio spread and avoiding the need for a torque converter, Ricardo says. The two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.