Cobasys LLC, an energy storage joint venture between the Chevron Corp. subsidiary Chevron Technology Ventures LLC (CTV) and Energy Conversion Devices Inc. (ECD), will provide General Motors Corp. with nickel-metal-hydride battery systems for the redesigned ’08 Chevrolet Malibu hybrid. The vehicle, due in the fall, includes the same belt-alternator, or “mild” hybrid system, that powers the Saturn Vue Green Line cross/utility vehicle and ’07 Saturn Aura Green Line midsize sedan. Cobasys’ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.