Delphi Corp. and Visteon Corp. now will pay new hires a starting wage of $14 per hour under a new 7-year pact with the United Auto Workers union. Currently, Delphi and Visteon workers make an average $22-$36 an hour. The 2-tier wage scale takes effect May 3. Visteon, however, is calling its agreement with the UAW “tentative,” as some “operational issues” need resolving first. At Delphi, workers will start at $14 but have the opportunity to increase their hourly wage to $14.50, $16.50, or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.