American Axle & Mfg. Inc. is awarded a new contract by China’s Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. to produce rear-drive modules for a new ’09 cross/utility vehicle. The module, which will feature AAM’s Powerlite aluminum rear axle and PowerDense gear system, will complete the all-wheel-drive system of the front-wheel-drive-based CUV, the company says. Metaldyne Corp. will supply Chrysler Group with environmentally friendly exhaust manifolds for future vehicle programs. Details of the multi-year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.