Dow Chemical Co. says it will cut 5,000 jobs, or about 11% of its workforce; close 20 plants and idle 180 facilities; reduce the number of contractors it hires by about 6,000, or 30%; and attempt to sell several businesses in response to the global economic crisis. Dow estimates the measures will save $700 million annually by 2010. Citation Corp. is awarded $200 million in new business over five years to supply Akebono Brake Corp. with ductile iron castings for a variety of new-vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.