Visteon Corp.’s $1.9 billion in retiree health care costs will be taken care of by former parent Ford Motor Co. via a fourth-quarter charge reportedly worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Visteon was set to pay about $465 million in the first installment over a 15-yr. period beginning in 2006. Visteon has some 21,500 workers who are technically Ford employees represented by the United Auto Workers union. When Visteon was spun-off from Ford in 2000 it had $1.9 billion in underfunded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.