Benteler Automotive Corp. will build a new 144,000-sq.-ft. (13,378-sq.-m) manufacturing facility in Opelika, AL. Benteler, which makes chassis systems, safety and structural products, exhaust systems and tubular products, says it picked Alabama because of the growing number of automotive assembly plants in the region. The facility is expected to be completed by September and will employ 150 workers when fully operational. Employment could double within five years, Benteler says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.