Johnson Controls Inc. agrees to pay nearly $200 million to buy the interiors business of bankrupt Plastech Engineered Products Inc., which earlier abandoned plans to reorganize under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, Reuters reports. As part of the deal, JCI will assume $160 million in debt and pay $39.5 million in cash for 23 of Plastech’s interiors facilities, current inventories, contracts and real estate. Magna International Inc. says it will lay off 400 workers at its St. Thomas, ON, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.