A roundup of this week’s news involving automotive suppliers Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. suffers an explosion at its Huntington, IN, aluminum-wheel facility, killing one worker and injuring three others. The explosion occurred around 8 p.m. on Oct. 29, reportedly in a furnace used to heat aluminum. The facility is closed temporarily and a preliminary investigation by local fire officials shows a dust buildup to be the cause of the blast, Reuters reports. Some 75-80 people were working ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.