Dow Kokam MI LLC, a joint venture formed last year between Dow Chemical Co. and South Korea’s TK Advanced Battery LLC, will construct a 400,000-sq.-ft. (37,160-sq.-m) facility in Midland, MI, to produce lithium-polymer batteries for electric vehicles, The Detroit News reports. The plant entails a $294 million investment from Dow Kokam over the next three years and will create at least 320 fulltime jobs by February 2014. Heavy-truck and bus maker Scania AB signs a 3-year contract extension ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.