Delphi Corp. will supply Volkswagen AG and Audi AG with the latest generation of its Compact Variable Compressor for use in the air-conditioning systems found in the auto makers’ vehicles starting in 2007. Details of the arrangement are not available. Delphi’s latest compressor, which is key to a vehicle’s climate-control system, features a clutchless, 6-piston continuously variable mechanism for reduced weight, improved vehicle fuel efficiency and quieter operation, the company says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.