Federal-Mogul Corp. says it is expanding its restructuring plan, announced in September, in response to the downturn in the global auto market to include a reduction in its worldwide workforce by some 4,600 additional positions, or about 10%, beginning in first-quarter 2009. The supplier is not disclosing specific sites affected pending further evaluation. Federal-Mogul estimates the additional restructuring will cost about $80 million. Delphi Corp. suspends production at a factory in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.