Visteon Corp. says it has obtained a license to apply Immersion Corp.’s TouchSense technology on electronic controls in vehicles. By 2010, the two companies aim to develop and commercialize several types of controls enabled by haptics, which refers to technology that interfaces with vehicle occupants via the sense of touch. Continental AG will close its Blythewood, SC, facility by the end of 2010 and relocate its diesel manufacturing operations to its expanded Newport News, VA, plant. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.