Australia’s Drivetrain Systems International Pty. Ltd. is in receivership after losing a large contract with South Korean auto maker Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd., which has gone into bankruptcy protection. The Australian Mfg. Workers Union says 227 workers will lose their jobs, including management, plant operators, maintenance workers and finance staff. Laid-off workers will receive a redundancy package equivalent to three weeks’ pay for each year of service, but the amount will be capped at 16 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.