Federal-Mogul says it has developed an innovative elastomeric compound named K16 that eliminates the costly and energy-intensive curing process used throughout the auto industry. The supplier says the compound improves its Unipiston-bonded hydraulic clutch pistons and enables it to minimize the environmental footprint of its manufacturing operations, with significant reductions in carbon-dioxide emissions and natural-gas consumption. Federal-Mogul says the production of bonded piston ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.