Stelco Inc. loses its largest customer, General Motors Corp., after failing to come to terms with its union on a new labor pact containing a no-strike provision for its Lake Erie Works, Ont., Canada, facility. GM had stated it would continue buying steel from Stelco if the supplier could secure a new labor agreement there by Nov. 22. Meanwhile, the steel supplier reaches a new refinancing plan Nov. 24 with Deutsche Bank AG. The plan was called into question when Stelco lost the GM contract, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.