The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. says its European Union business unit is planning to reduce tire production at two facilities in Amiens, France, due to lack of competitiveness. The action will result in the reduction of up to 500 employees and follows a rejection in October by workers of company plans to modernize and renovate the facilities. Goodyear says production of some tires will be transferred to other, lower-cost plants in Europe and elsewhere. The supplier employs roughly 3,800 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.