Dana Corp. is supplying Ford Motor Co. with numerous components for the redesigned ’06 Ford Explorer SUV, including front driveshafts, rear driveshafts (V-8 and rear-drive models only) and a more efficient and durable front axle system. Dana also will supply the SUV’s 4L V-6 engine with its thermoset cylinder head cover module, said to reduce vibrations, emissions and engine distortions and provide higher temperature resistance. Additionally, the Explorer’s optional 4.6L V-8 will feature a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.