AK Steel Corp. says it likely will idle most of its Ashland, KY, steel operations in late July or early August, affecting about 750 hourly and salaried employees. The stoppage is a result of recent announcements by General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC of production curtailments, the supplier says, adding the facility is expected to remain idle at least through 2009. Continental Tire North America Inc. ’s tires will be standard original equipment on all of Freightliner LLC’s Business Class ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.